Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
Yield: 8 stuffed potato skins
This recipe is ideal for a hearty weeknight supper or game day spread. The melted cheese with crispy potato skins and crab make for a terrific spin on the usual stuffed potato skins.
- 4 small russet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 8 ounces Big T Coastal Provisions Spicy Crab Dip
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 4 ounces grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly coat the potatoes with cooking oil. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and let cool until you can handle them.
- Slice the potatoes in half and scoop out the majority of the potato in the center, leaving a small portion around the edges. (You can use the scooped out potatoes for another recipe.)
- Place the potato skins back on the baking sheet.
- Place the crab dip in a bowl along with the chopped bacon and half the cheese. Stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture among the potato skins. Top each potato skin with the remaining grated cheese.
- Return the stuffed potato skins to the oven and cook until the cheese Is melted and they are beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with the minced chives before serving.