Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Whether you call these fritters or hush puppies, these spicy little crab bites are equally at home whether you are hosting a dinner party or a fish fry. The green goddess dressing adds just enough spicy heat to complement the crab. Feel free to use whatever green herbs you have on hand to make the dip.
1/4 cup chives, roughly chopped
1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon chile garlic paste
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 tablespoon baking powder
4 ounces Big T Coastal Provisions Jalapeno Crab Dip
2 tablespoons milk
1 egg, beaten
Canola oil, for frying
1. Place the chives, parsley, yogurt, water, lemon juice and chile garlic paste in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until combined and smooth. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. Place the flour, cornmeal and baking powder in a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
3. In another small bowl, place the crab dip, milk, and egg and stir together.
4. Add the crab mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined and a soft dough is formed.
5. Heat about 1/4 inch of canola oil in a deep skillet until the oil is around 325 degrees F.
6. Spoon generous tablespoons of the crab dough into balls. Drop into the hot oil and flatten slightly with the back of a spatula into a disc. Fry until golden brown on both sides, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels. Season with salt and serve immediately with the green goddess dip.