Prep time: 40 minutes (10 minutes prep, 30 minutes to let the strata set up)
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4-6 Servings
A strata is such an elegant way to serve brunch or a light supper to your guests. Crab and red pepper are always a beautiful pair-adding cream and French bread to the mix makes this a knockout!
- Olive oil
- 10-12 ounces frozen onion and pepper blend, thawed
- 4 ounces Big T Coastal Provisions Crab Dip
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 4 cups cubed french bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat. Drizzle with enough olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan.
- Once hot, add the peppers and onions. Cook until softened and beginning to caramelize. Set aside to cool.
- Place the crab dip, eggs and half and half in a mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper.
- Add the french bread and roasted pepper and onion blend to the bowl. Gently fold together.
- Spray an 8x8 inch casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the mixture into the casserole dish and cover it with foil. Let sit at least a half hour before baking.
- Place the casserole in the preheated oven and cook covered for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and cook 15-20 minutes more, or until the egg is set in the center.
- Remove from the oven and let sit at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving.