Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
We love this spin on the traditional chicken pot pie! With a rich, satisfying filling and topped with buttery biscuits, your family will be asking for seconds.
Pot Pie Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter plus 2 tablespoons melted
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 small russet potoatoes, diced
- 5 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken or seafood stock
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 8 ounces Big T Coastal Provisions Crab Dip
- 1 recipe homemade biscuit topping, cut into rounds
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a 5-quart dutch oven over medium heat. Add the butter and let melt.
- Add the onion, celery, carrot and potatoes to the butter along with a pinch of salt. Cook until the onions are soft and beginning to caramelize.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the stock to the pan and cook until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Add the peas and crab dip. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top with the biscuit dough rounds and brush with the melted butter.
- Bake until the biscuits are fluffy and browned and the filling is hot and bubbling, about 25-30 minutes.
Homemade Biscuit Topping
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Place the butter, flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Use a pastry cutter to break up the butter until it is in small pea-sized pieces.
- Add the buttermilk to the flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Pull the dough out onto a floured work surface and knead briefly.
- Roll out the dough until it is about a half inch thick and cut into rounds.