Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Here in the South, we love our grits. This recipe is a dressed up version using stone ground grits and sautéed leeks. Serve alongside salmon croquettes and a green salad and you have a perfect weeknight supper.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 leeks, cleaned and sliced
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup stone ground grits
- 8 ounces Big T Coastal Provisions Crab Dip
- 1/2 cup grated parmigianno regianno cheese
- Place a soup pot over medium heat. Add the butter and leeks along with a pinch of salt. Cook slowy, stirring occasionally, until the leeks are softened and sweet. Remove the leeks from the pot and set aside.
- Add the water to the pot along with a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil.
- Whisk in the grits and turn the heat to low. Let the grits simmer until cooked through and thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Whisk the crab dip and leeks into the grits. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.