Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes
Yield: 12 squares
The combination of shrimp and bacon makes us swoon! Toss in caramelized onions atop puff pastry, and you have a winner. Perfect for a weeknight supper or cocktail party appetizer.
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1/2 vidalia onion, sliced thinly
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- 4 ounces Big T Coastal Provisions Shrimp Dip
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread the bacon on a sheet pan and place in the oven. Cook until crispy, about 14 minutes. Remove from the oven and pour the bacon fat into a wide saute pan.
- Set the bacon aside and chop.
- Heat the saute pan with the bacon fat over medium heat.
- Add the onion slices along with a pinch of salt.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened and caramelized.
- Roll the defrosted puff pastry out to form a 12-inch rectangle.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment. Place the puff pastry the parchment.
- Spread the Shrimp Dip over the surface of the puff pastry.
- Top with the caramelized onions and chopped bacon.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes. Slice and enjoy!