Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Yield: 24 mini-muffins
This recipe is perfect to serve as an accompaniment to a Lowcountry Boil, seafood chowder or fish fry. Imagine these muffins as a serious step up to the usual hushpuppy!
- 1 cup Big T Coastal Provisions Spicy Crab Dip
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups self-rising cornmeal mix
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray, or line with mini muffin baking liners.
- Whisk together the Spicy Crab Dip, butter, eggs and buttermilk.
- Add the cornmeal mix and jalapeno, and stir just until moistened.
- Fill the muffin tins three-fourths full.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean, about 8-10 minutes.