Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Yield: 20 mushrooms
Mushroom lovers or not, people absolutely devour these! They are a hearty appetizer for holiday parties or really just about any time. I recommend serving them warm and keeping them that way if they are not scarfed down immediately.
- 8 oz container of Big T Coastal Provisions original or jalapeno crab dip
- Package of button mushrooms (I’ve also used cremini mushrooms and they are great)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Skillet (cast iron preferred)
- Pre-heat the oven to HIGH broil.
- Snap the stems out of the mushrooms and wipe down with a damp paper towel to remove any dirt from the mushrooms.
- Coat the skillet with a small amount (approx tablespoon) of olive oil.
- Put the mushrooms with the tops facing down and let them cook down a bit, just a few minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms from the stovetop and let cool for a few minutes. Stuff about a teaspoon of Big T crab dip into each mushroom. You can either keep them in the skillet or transfer them to a baking pan.
- Place the crab dip stuffed mushrooms in the oven under the broiler for about 3-5 minutes. Let the cheese in the dip get bubbly and brown, remove from the oven and serve immediately.