Cooking made simple with Big T
Undoubtedly delicious right out of the container, our dips are equally good when used as a key ingredient in your next meal. Below are some of our favorite recipes incorporating Big T Coastal Provisions Dips … many quick and simple enough for even the most hurried home chef.
Check back here often … we'll frequently add recipes and tips about how to quickly and cleverly cook, entertain and celebrate with Big T products. And be sure to let us know how you like to use Big T Coastal Provisions Dips … we might just feature your recipe right here in the future!
Big T Shrimp Dip Stuffed Bell Peppers
Bell peppers are perfect for stuffing with all sorts of ingredients. Combined with steamed basmati rice, this dish makes a wonderful one course meal or a tasty side served with grilled fish or sautéed chicken.
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 50 minutes, including rice cooking time
- Yield: 6 bell peppers
- 8 oz container of Big T Coastal Provisions Shrimp Dip
- 6 red or green bell peppers (we prefer red peppers, but use whatever color you like best)
- 1 cup cooked white basmati rice
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Glass baking dish
- Start with the rice. Often cooking instructions recommend rinsing basmati rice, but I must admit, I rarely do. Bring 2 cups of water and 1 cup of rice (season with salt if desired) to a boil. Cover, turn down the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until all the water is absorbed. Gently turn the rice out into a bowl and fluff.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Cut the tops from the peppers and remove as many seeds and pith as possible. If the peppers will not stand up straight, trim the bottoms until they can stand on their own.
- Line in a lightly sprayed glass baking dish.
- Gently stir the container of Big T shrimp dip with the rice. Be careful not to overwork the rice. Add salt and pepper and chopped parsley if you like.
- Stuff (don't over stuff) the peppers with the mixture bringing each level with the pepper top.
- Bake the peppers for 30 minutes or until the cheese in the dip is bubbling and brown.Bake the peppers for 30 minutes or until the cheese in the dip is bubbling and brown.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Other Big T faves
Just bought your crab dip for the first time. I used the recipe on your site for stuffed mushrooms. We loved it!
This dip seems to be the nectar of the gods. We go through 6 containers on each leg of the tour and we wipe them out! We are spreading the word in every city!
Already hooked on the crab dip … but shrimp dip might be better!
I am hooked!
What goes better with a weekend than Big T? Sooooo good!
Your dip is so fresh and light, just the right spiciness … it is delicious! YUM! I spent my childhood summers catching crabs under the draw bridge at Topsail Island, NC. Can't thank you enough for what you are doing. Not just for the product you prepare but for keeping alive a small bit of our Mid Atlantic, Southern culture …P. McDonough, Concord, NCI have lived at or around the Apalachicola Bay/St. Marks inlet my whole life and make my own crab dip ... I'm impressed!D. Irwin, Apalachicola, FLI happened upon Big T Crab Dip at Harris Teeter … seeing that it is CRAB, not KRAB, I bought it. Better than homemade because all I had to do was open the container. I'll buy more and spread the word. Delicious!L. Edgle, Troutman, SCIt's phenomenal and it can be played off as your grandmother's recipe in a pretty bowl!C. Leavy, Athens, GAI was given a gift of Big T crab dip and yours is the first I have found to be the best! I am from the northern neck of Virginia and spent many years making my own dip from fresh Rappahannock River grown crabs.J. Craig, Gastonia, NCI polished it off in one sit down! Good stuff!S. Meade, London, OHAs someone who grew up in Maryland with Maryland blue crabs, this is a gem! Thanks for sharing the family recipe!C. Hanburder, Apex, NCHomemade grits mixed with a container of Big T crab dip is UNREAL!C. Lily, Florence, SCBrought it to a party last week and it received rave reviews everywhere! And this, from a Chesapeake Bay gal!M. Hafner, Fenwick, DEWonderful … and gluten free!S. Lucas, Charlotte, NC
On the road with Big T
Just of a few of the places you'll find us out and about in the near future. Feel free to drop by and say 'howdy' … we'd love to meet and introduce you to what's new with Big T Coastal Provisions.
Summer Fancy Foods Show
June 28-30, 2015
New York City
Bozzuto's Merchandising Marketplace
August 11-12, 2015
Haddon House Fall Show
September 29-October 1, 2015
Mohegan Sun Resort
The Southern C Summit
BB&T Wine & Food Festival
Southeastern Wildlife Expo