Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes, including rice cooking time
Yield: 6 peppers
Bell peppers are perfect for stuffing with all sorts of ingredients. Combined with steamed basmati rice, this dish makes a wonderful one course meal or a tasty side served with grilled fish or sautéed chicken.
- 8 oz container of Big T Coastal Provisions Shrimp Dip
- 6 red or green bell peppers (I prefer the red peppers, but use whatever color you like best)
- 1 cup cooked white basmati rice
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Glass baking dish
- Start with the rice. Often cooking instructions recommend rinsing basmati rice, but I must admit, I rarely do. Bring 2 cups of water and 1 cup of rice (season with salt if desired) to a boil. Cover, turn down the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until all the water is absorbed. Gently turn the rice out into a bowl and fluff.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Cut the tops from the peppers and remove as many seeds and pith as possible. If the peppers will not stand up straight, trim the bottoms until they can stand on their own.
- Line in a lightly sprayed glass baking dish.
- Gently stir the container of Big T shrimp dip with the rice. Be careful not to overwork the rice. Add salt and pepper and chopped parsley if you like.
- Stuff (don't over stuff) the peppers with the mixture bringing each level with the pepper top.
- Bake the peppers for 30 minutes or until the cheese in the dip is bubbling and brown.
- Serve warm and enjoy!