Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Yield: 8-10 scallops
This is another favorite that is fabulous as an appetizer or wonderful with risotto and asparagus for a simple supper. Scallops can be a bit rich so you really don’t need too many if you are making a meal out of them. You can also serve one or two of them as a first course at a dinner party.
- 8 oz container of Big T Coastal Provisions original or jalapeno crab dip
- 8-10 sea scallops, depending on how you plan to serve them (stick with sea scallops, not the small bay scallops)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to HIGH on broil.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet (preferably a cast iron skillet) over medium high heat.
- Salt and pepper the scallops on both sides and sear the scallops on both sides until golden brown.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and top each scallop with a teaspoon of Big T crab dip.
- Slide the skillet under the broiler and let the cheese in the crab dip get brown and bubbly.
- Serve warm and enjoy!